Reflexology is a therapy that treats the feet in order to balance the whole of the body. By massaging and applying pressure to parts different parts of the feet known as reflex areas, other corresponding and connected areas of the body will feel the benefit.
The feet and hands are maps of the body’s anatomy and all the body’s systems can be accessed and stimulated by massaging areas/reflex points on the feet. Reflexology is not a medical treatment but by having regular sessions it can help to maintain and restore the body to a state of well-being. Reflexology can be used in conjunction with orthodox medicine as well as other natural therapies.
Some of the benefits of Reflexology include:
- Relief from stress and tension
- Promotes deep relaxation
- Improves blood circulation thereby increases the efficiency of all organs and cells
- Releases trapped nervous energy and improves neural efficiency
- Approximately 7000 nerves are stimulated during a treatment
- Improves waste removal and elimination
- Activates the body’s self healing process